The U.S. Economic Machine:
How to Thrive Amidst Turbulence
Companies can prosper from economic change
The changing business environment impacts
planning and thus profitability. Contrary to popular opinion,
economic trends do not change all that quickly. But if you continue
to ride an old trend, it could impact your competitiveness.
Mr. Kahn's presentations are geared
toward your participant's needs. His presentations reveal how trends affect businesses
and how economic knowledge and improve your success and advancement
Trends that point the way to profits
Business trends do not exist in isolation.
From 1995 to 2000 we experienced the first phase of a Founders Economy
--- a period of fundamental and rapid technological and economic transformation.
(The last one was in the 1920's.) They seem to defy the laws
of economic gravity only to end with "blood in the streets".
We are now into the second phase --- a phase of intense worldwide business
competition and survival. This phase will last at least for the
next 15 years.
During this phase, all business decisions
involve trade-offs among the three business focal points of Safety,
Liquidity, and Rate-of-Return. Your choice of the trade-offs
will determine the success of your endeavors.
Economic Factors that Affect Businesses
Individuals and businesses do not live
and work in an economic vacuum. There are several outside factors
that will directly impact your decisions. These three outside factors are:
- Interest Rates: Why interest rates will stay volatile in our credit economy.
- Government Impact: Results of changing tax policy and deficit spending on long-term economic growth.
- Sharpened Competition: Changing your focus from the bottom line to the top line. Why gaining market share it pivotal to success.
Who owns the future?
The future belongs to those individuals
who can quickly discern, adapt to, and exploit the unpredictable movements
in the turbulent flow of life. The future does not belong
to the big or the small, but to the swift.
The GOAL of the program
Succinctly put, the goal
is to give business managers an understanding of the future economic
environment they will be operating in and how they must orient their
strategies to grow and prosper in this environment. The major operating
trends in our national economy will impact the success and operation
of your business. Knowledge of these trends can give you an operating
edge over your competition.
If you need more information
or have any questions on the presentation, please contact Mr. Kahn directly
by email email@example.com.
The presentation includes a discussion of:
- The seven deadly business sins
- Megatrends - where we are and where we are going
- How to maintain and increase market share
- Understanding the Federal Reserve Bank - tight money vs. loose money
- Economic signs - how to spot emerging trends
- China vs. the United States - how will this impact our prosperity?
- The Law of Le Chatelier - a law governing the movement of market economies and the impact on you
Sanford Kahn had a one hour interview recently by the
Institute of Success and Goal Achievement. Many topics,
both of a personal and business nature, were covered.
To listen to this interview, please go to the link:
List of References
Associated Equipment Distributors
National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
Nation Association of Pipe Fabricators
Promotional Products Association
Painting and Decorating Contractors of America
Independent Lubricant Manufacturers Association
Associated Builders and Contractors
Mechanical Contractors Association of America
Modular Building Institute
National Metal Decorators Association
Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning National Association
Credit Union National Association
request, the following articles are available for your review and
Business Cycle Follies
2. Liquidity Is King—Not Elvis
3. New Release—The Last Prop
4. News Release—The Rule of 20
5. News Release—Terrorism’s Impact on Business
6. A Short Concise Primer On Interest Rates
7. The Seven Deadly Business Sins
8. The Great Business Myths That Dominate Our Lives
9. Attitude Is Everything?
10. Debt, Rate-of-Return & Business Risk
11. Getting It Right: Taxation & Economic Growth
12. Is Rate-of-Return The Most Important Investment Criterion?
13. Business News Update: Double Dipper—NOT
14. Business News Update: Business Pop Quiz
15. How Markets Work
16. Business News Update: Watch Gold!
17. The Gathering Economic Tsunami
18. The New Feudal Society
19. Business News Update: Taxation Tutorial